My little cherub, congratulations, today you are 5 months old! Where have the months gone (besides sometimes in a hazy daze?!) since we welcomed you into the world?
For instance, you seem to have discovered your voicebox – all those squeals of delight, so loud you are on par with matching decibels with your rowdy brother, and the gorgeous baby talk goos and gahs which I love. You still have your penchant for “skydiving” too, whereby you fling out your arms and legs the minute you flip like a pancake onto your tummy. Its always so entertaining to see!
You chalked up many “firsts” this month too my little lady:
- You had your first sleep-over at your Aunty Shez & Uncle G’s house when we went to stay for your big cousin Logan’s 7th birthday, and met some of Mummy’s lovely cousins & babies.
- You had your first attempt at solids but by day 3 it was clear it you weren’t feeling the love when it came to food. And you cant blame mummy’s cooking – cant go too wrong with pureed Apple I presume?
- There was your first flight, and phew, thank goodness it was a success. I had a feeling it would be – you are never happier than when being cuddled so it was the perfect scenario for you.
- It was also the first time we had a quick family holiday to the Gold Coast, and you were an angel the whole time (your big brother, mind you, had his moments of being a handful to make up for it!)
- You also met some very special people who you will grow to adore as we do, your Uncle Matty, Aunty Tess & little Samson, (your potential partner in crime!)
- You got to go on your very first ride, at your very first theme park, Dreamworld! And if you are anything like your parents, it wont be your last. If you are anything like your brother, you will take much cajoling to even get you anywhere near a ride again (unless it involves the Wiggles Big Red Car)
- It was also the first time in your life you got to spend a whole 5 days straight with your beloved Daddy! And the first time since we became a family of 4 that this has happened. It was bliss for us all.
We had some lovely visits from Grandma & Grandpa this month, as well as seeing your Poppy before he flew out on a very big holiday (without me, sob sob!). You also had a captive audience when your Sydney cousin’s came to play and stay – they and Aunty Shez love having a little girl to cluck over (and then hand back!). Because yes, as cute as you are, you’ve definitely had some days where your cranky pants have been fastened tight. There was one week there I will try to forget and oh Lord, those witching hours (especially if we’ve had a catnapping kind of day – sadly the norm) would be great contraception for any prospective parent.
|Highlights from month 4