A few weeks ago I agreed to take up the challenge issued by Kelloggs to come up with a recipe to incorporate their newly launched “All Bran Fibre Toppers”. With an awesome prize on offer (a chance to win a trip to New York to attend the mother of all Mummy Blogger Conferences “Blog Her“) I thought I might as well toss my “toque blanche” into the ring and hope for the best!
As the deadline loomed closer, the larger my anxiety grew. Had I bitten off more than I could chew? Would I end up with egg on my face? Was I just a glutton for punishment?
But then I figured I was wasting all my energies trying to come up with witty food analogies and googling French food related translations and not enough on coming up with a suitable recipe.
Finally (frantically) inspiration struck… I’d cook a favourite dinner of The Husband’s that I’d first created last year for the his birthday (ie one that I couldnt really stuff up!) and incorporate the All Bran toppers into it. Sacre Bleu what sweet relief!
So I now humble present to you a completely scrummy chicken & chorizo pasta dish that will easily feed a family of four PLUS help increase your daily required fibre intake and promote better digestive health!
3 cups of fusili pasta
500g RSPCA approved chicken breast fillent
2 x Chorizo sausages
1/2 grated carrot
1/3 grated zuchini
1/3 diced red onion
200ml light cooking cream
100g/95ml sundried tomato pesto
Ground Black pepper to taste
4 tablespoons of All Bran Fibre Toppers
- Boil water and add pasta, cook for approximately 8 minutes
- Slice chorizo and cook in wok for approximately 3 minutes. When done, place on a plate covered with a paper towel, to soak up any excess oils
- Add diced chicken breast and brown. Then add in grated carrot, zucchini and red onion, stirring as necessary
- Return chorizo to wok and mix in 200ml light cooking cream and 100g/95ml sun-dried tomato pesto. Stir all ingredients thoroughly to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Add pasta and All Bran fibre toppers to wok, stir and serve.
- Ground black pepper can be added as desired.